Avocado salad with smoked salmon & dill yoghurt vinaigrette
Prep time: 20 minutes
Dill yoghurt vinaigrette
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
5 tablespoons De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
3 tbsp dill, finely chopped
200g wood smoked salmon, flaked
1 cup rocket
½ cucumber, chopped into cubes
3 large avocados
1. For the vinaigrette whisk together the vinegar and lemon juice with the garlic, salt, pepper and Dijon mustard. Whisk in the olive oil and yoghurt and dill.
2. In a large bowl, combine the salmon, rocket and cucumber with vinaigrette and toss together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Halve your avocados, remove the pips, season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. To serve, scoop ⅙ (approximately) of the salmon salad into each avocado half. Not a huge amount will fit inside the hole made by the pit, so you will heap a decent amount on top of the avocado.
5. Serve immediately. If you want to make slightly in advance, squeeze extra lemon juice on top of the avocado to prevent from browning.