Greek orzo with minted lamb & yoghurt
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
50 ml olive oil, plus extra to serve
500 g lamb mince
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tsp each dried oregano and dried mint
½ tsp each ground cumin and mild chilli flakes
250 ml dry white wine
250g spinach, trimmed, coarsely shredded
250g orzo pasta
Finely grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
1 cup De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper
To serve: fresh mint and parmesan
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add lamb mince, season generously with salt and pepper and stir occasionally until golden (5-7 minutes).
3. Add garlic, oregano and mint, cumin and chilli, stir, then add wine, increase heat to high and cook until wine is reduced by half (5 minutes). Keep warm.
4. Add spinach to the pot and place the lid on for a minute or so until wilted.
5. Cook orzo in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (6-7 minutes). Drain well, then add to lamb along with spinach, and lemon rind and juice, stir to combine and season to taste.
6. Serve scattered with yoghurt, mint and parmesan and drizzled with olive oil.