Quick yoghurt flatbreads with eggs, smashed avocado & Sriracha
Recipe can be made gluten-free by substituting self-raising flour with 350g Healtheries gluten-free baking mix or Edmonds gluten – free flour and 3 tsp baking powder (plus the extra tsp baking powder).
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
350 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/3 cups De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
30g Anchor butter, melted
2 large avocadoes
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
3 tsp lime (or lemon) juice
1/4 tsp salt
6 large eggs
1 tbsp olive oil
Sriracha, for serving (optional)
1. For the flatbreads, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with a spoon, then pat everything together using your hands.
2. Tip onto a floured surface and knead for a minute or so to bring it all together.
3. Divide the dough into 6 equal-sized pieces and roll into rounds approx 3 mm thick.
4. Place a griddle pan on a high heat, then once hot, cook each one for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until bar-marked and puffed up, turning with tongs.
5. Brush each flatbread with a little melted butter as they come off the pan.
6. Lightly mash the avocadoes, coriander, lime and salt with a fork and set aside.
7. For the eggs, heat the oil in a fry pan over medium heat and fry eggs to desired doneness.
8. To assemble smear avocado on top of each flatbread and top with eggs and a drizzle of Sriracha sauce.