Raspberry almond tart with yoghurt glaze
Recipe can be made gluten-free by substituting flour with Healtheries gluten-free baking mix or Edmonds gluten – free flour
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
220g soft butter
250g caster sugar
1 lemon rind, finely grated
50ml Anchor milk
1 cup De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
125g almond meal
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh raspberries, plus extra for garnish
¼ cup De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
2 tsp lemon juice
155g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well to combine, then add lemon rind and milk and beat to combine.
3. Add yoghurt, ground almonds, flour and baking powder and fold to combine. Spoon into a buttered and base-lined 28cm fluted tart pan and press raspberries in to the top.
4. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden and centre springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack placed over a tray.
5. Meanwhile for yoghurt glaze, combine yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix until smooth, sieve over icing sugar and mix to combine, adding a little water if necessary to reach a drizzling consistency.
6. Pour over cake while still warm, allowing to drip over sides. Scatter with almond slivers and extra raspberries and serve warm or at room temperature.