Spicy baked eggs with feta & herbed yoghurt
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 tsp each ground cumin and paprika
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tin tomatoes
¾ tsp salt, more as needed
¼ tsp black pepper, more as needed
1 cup Mainland feta cheese, crumbled
6 large free range eggs
1 cup De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
½ cup coriander, chopped
Hot sauce, for serving
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and capsicum.
3. Cook gently until very soft, about 15 minutes. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in cumin, paprika and cayenne, and cook 1 minute.
4. Pour in tomatoes and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; simmer until tomatoes have thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in crumbled feta.
5. Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile mix yoghurt and coriander together and dollop over eggs.
8. Sprinkle with extra coriander and serve with hot sauce.